Our Direct to Farmer
Meet Our Farmers
Company and Cafe Staff
A range of formal and informal partnerships exist that help Saffron:
- assist with establishing coffee cooperatives in remote locations
- educate existing farmers in Arabica coffee cultivation
- provide ongoing assistance with sprouts, trees, and cultivation
- guarantee purchase of coffee at harvest (provide a consistent market for the coffee)
Who We Work With
- Wildlife Conservation Society - working with Saffron to introduce coffee into 5 villages bordering a wildlife protection zone in Houaphan province as a crop that has positive environmental impact as well as bringing a good income to farmers.
- World Vision - partnering with Saffron in low income villages
- CIRAD (French Agricultural Research and Development Organisation) - approached Saffron to help develop and purchase coffee from villages that had formally contracted with a company that had gone out of business. This left these villages without a buyer for their produce.
- World Renew (North American development agency) - approached Saffron to purchase coffee from two villages in Phongsali province and assist other villages in the area to switch to Arabica coffee.
- Oxfam - Improving Transboundary Responsible Agri-business on Land Governance project – Oxfam is working with Saffron Coffee to learn about our experiences and identify our needs, to help improve policies and practices on social development and land-related issues.
- Luang Prabang Technical Vocational College & GIZ (a German NGO) Dual-Cooperative Training Program. Saffron partners with the College to provide vocational training for three students in the “Food / Beverage Service and Food Production Professionals” course over the next 3 years.